First, I'm apparently the only person in the world who doesn't know about this world-famous photo from Martin Luther King's assassination.
Second, my three-day weekend was nice and relaxing. It included:
- Dinner with Josh, Jami and Hallie
- Addressed wedding invites
- Went to the gym, where I was on an eliptical machine next to a woman wearing white gloves (and not the workout kind). I thought she was a germaphobe (or a hand model) but she took them off half-way through the workout. I think she was a little crazy, though, because she started hitting and cursing at the machine for no apparent reason.
- Dinner at PF Changs with Tori, Jen and Toni
- Watched Red Eye on DVD, which was surprisingly good
- Woke up in the middle ofthe night last night again thinking it was an earthquake. Alas, a search this morning didn't indicate any nearby earthquakes.
- Went to the LA Zoo with Josh and his daughter Hallie, where we saw the CUTEST baby red ape. Lemme tell ya - ain't nothing cuter than experience the zoo through the eyes of an almost-2-year-old.
- Shopped for wedding rings
- Started knitting again
- Enjoyed the start of the new season of 24. Actually, "enjoyed" doesn't fully cover it. I screamed, my heart was pounding, and I kept yelling, "OH NO!!!"
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.