Sometimes it sucks being a girl. Most of the time it's pretty awesome, but other times, not so much. My recent example: packing for a 4-day business trip. You wouldn't think I'd need six pairs of shoes, but I do.
1. Workout shoes - I'd like to try to get a workout (or two) in while I'm there
2. Black high heels
3. Black not-so-high heels - in case #2 get uncomfortable
4. Flip-flops - for downtime and in case I find time to hang out in the spa/pool
5. Brown high heels - to go with my brown work outfits
6. Black pseudo-Converse - to wear on the plane. I think it'll be too cold to wear #4. I also need more casual shoes that are still appropriate to wear out with other business trip attendees
All these shoes + all the crap required to look decent + all the potential outfits (as I'm not exactly sure what occassions I'll have to dress for) = my bringing a whole lot of crap.
I am very excited about my trip, though. Tomorrow I'll be watching the Super Bowl with a group of people (online advertisers) who will likely be more excited about the commercials than the actual game - a very surreal experience, I'm sure. And this will be my first time to Florida. Best of all - we're staying at a fabulous 5-star resort! Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in some down time to enjoy it. And if not, at least I'll be working hard in a lavish setting.
"Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing, but nobody else does." - Stuart Henderson