Inspired by Allie, I'm providing a look into my pile o' make-up. This isn't all my make-up (I have a gazillion lip glosses and other make-up that are probably past their expiration date), but this is what's in my heavy rotation.
As you'll see, I have a lot of Benefit make-up. I'm a very loyal consumer.
- Benefit's Georgia - a peachy face powder. I don't use this too often, but it's nice to have.
- Benefit's Hoola - a really great bronzer. I like using this especially when I haven't been out in the sun for a while.
- Benefit's 10 - a highlighter/bronzer powder. If I could only use one make-up product for the rest of my life, this would be it. It's two shades of powder, side-by-side, a pink one and a bronzer. You wear them both at the same time and it gives the allusion of sculpted cheekbones. Most of the time I only wear this and some concealer.
- Benefit's Lipscription. One tube contains exfoliating beads, the other has a silky balm. They're great to use when my lips are chapped.
- Neutrogena's Lash Tint. It's designed for contact lens wearers - me! I don't wear it too often because I have black eyelashes and my eyes are super sensitive, but it's nice to have when I feel like need to focus on my eyes a bit.
- Benefit Creaseless Cream Eye Shadows in Get Figgy (a brownish shimmer) and Towne Car (black, which I use when I want an eyeliner look).
- Almay eyeshadow made especially for brown eyes.
- Dermalogica's sheer tinted moisturizer. I don't use foundation, so this is a nice alternative.
- Benefit's Eye Bright - This is a pink pencil designed to lighten the area around the eyes. I use it in the corner of my eyes or right beneath my brow.
- Benefit's Oooh La Lift - This is a moisturizer designed to firm and lighten the undereye area. This works great, especially for my "allergy shiners."
- Revlon Superlustrous lip gloss in Toast to Shine - This is a very neutral color and not too sticky. It's great alone or over a lip pencil.
- Bobbi Brown concealers - Again, for my allergy shiners and other red spots.
- Benefit's That Gal - The most recent addition to my collection. It's a foundation primer but can be worn alone. I haven't used it often enough to give a thorough review, but I wore it on my cheeks in this pic and I was surprised by the nice glow it gave me.
I carry very little make-up with me at any given time - usually just a lip gloss and some concealer - but I do have a nice collection of fun make-up bags when I do need to carry more. And I typically carry my inhaler, tissue and Tide-to-Go pen in the bag.
Almost all of these pictured are gifts, a lot of them from my pal justJENN. That Juicy bag is a recent thank-you from the lovely Wan, but it's so luxurious that I'm scared to carry it!
And as a quick added bonus, here are the fabulous products I use to keep my skin healthy. Again, I'm a very loyal consumer. It's all Dermalogica, including face washes, a refreshening spritz toner, moisturizers and other treatments. These are the travel sizes that I keep on my sink. I have larger sizes in the shower and stashed away when I need to refill the small bottles. Dermalogica is pricey, but I order my stuff for near-wholesale prices from WhatGreatSkin.com.
"The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life." - Frank Lloyd Wright