It still blows my mind that for the past two weeks, I could have totally still been pregnant. Today is Em's "official" due date. She's also exactly two weeks old.
In the past two weeks I've learned:
- holding a baby isn't nearly as intimidating as it used to be
- to get excited about counting wet/dirty diapers
- that if I get at least one nap in during the day, I can handle sleepless nights
- that there's nothing as sweet as Em's yawns and Em's sneezes
- the first thing Em may have inherited from me is my habit of sneezing in threes
- that Brent is hilarious when he changes her diapers. He's constantly amused by what he finds.
- going to bed at 10 p.m. is now "late" for me
- that our baby girl sleeps like an angel, cries like the devil and eats like a mad woman
- to schedule nice, hot, long showers when Brent is home
- that three hours of uninterrupted sleep is now considered blissful
- that "Mommy Mode" means putting aside my fear of spiders and random bugs in order to kill them in the name of "don't you dare get near my beautiful daughter"
- that baby smiles melt my heart
- that life will never be the same
"Oh, forgive me for not being one of those anorexic babies from the diaper commercials." - Stewie, Family Guy