Here are the highlights:
- Lemon ricotta pancakes from Coast, one of the restaurants in Santa Monica's Shutters. Although we live within walking distance, it was our first time dining there. The prices were $$$ but the portions were huge and it was nice to eat with an ocean view.
- Watched Blood Diamond. Meh. I don't understand all the hype, although I will admit that Leo looked pretty good. I don't usually get his appeal, but he reminded me of Eric Dane. Rawr.
- Got a long-overdue pedicure. I even went for some cute little flowers. Sadly, it's already chipped. Boo!
- We tried the new nearby location for Red Mango, the originator of the tart yogurt Pinkberry is famous for. I'm looking forward to even warmer weather so I can really enjoy fro yo.
- Attended Hallie's 4th birthday party. Lemme tell ya - you haven't lived until you've seen a dozen 3-4-year-olds screaming with glee while bouncing in a Disney Princess bounce house. Brent and I overheard this conversation during the celebrations.
Girl: I can bounce higher!
Boy: No, I can bounce higher!
Girl: How old are you?
Girl: I'm 3! And I can bounce higher!...Boys don't wear dresses. Have you ever seen one?
Boy: I did once.
Girl: When did you see that?
Boy: One time, a king was wearing a dress.
Girl: Well, maybe the dress was too small for the princess so the king had to wear it.
Boy: (laughing in disbelief) Um, no. THAT definitely wasn't it.
We also overheard the birthday girl and her birthday declaration. "As the birthday girl, I get to eat my cake first!" (looking directly a party-goer in her princess dress) "And YOU are going to need to take that dress off."
"Michael is awesome, jumpin’ off the roof, bouncin’ on a bouncy bounce, show ‘em who’s boss! Rip a hole in the sun!" - Dwight, The Office