1. Next week I'm getting a long-awaited minimally invasive eye surgery called intacs. It'll prevent an eye condition I have from getting worse, but what I'm really looking forward to is being able to wear soft contact lenses again. I'm supposed to wear hard contacts, but they're too uncomfortable as you might have guessed by the glasses I sport all the time. Recovery shouldn't be too bad, although they recommend avoiding prolonged reading, watching tv or computer use for a while. Looking forward to a lovely time staring at my walls.
2. I joined a gym, as previously mentioned, and have gone SIX times already. I'm a new Zumba convert, even if I look foolish doing it. Em adores the gym daycare. If I even mention the gym within earshot, she demands we leave immediately so she can enjoy the daycare amenities. That's 39 lbs. of motivation right there, folks.
3. The other day Em and I were playing in the living room, and she turned to me, panicked. "Mommy, there's garbage in my nose!" Earlier she had torn the wrapper from one of my Cadbury mini eggs and rolled it into tiny pieces to pretend they were seeds to feed me, the "mommy duck." When I wasn't looking, she shoved one in her nose! Luckily I was able to get her to blow it out. Can't believe it took nearly 3 1/2 years for our first up-the-nose incident, but hopefully it'll be our last. She seemed spooked enough to have learned her lesson.
4. After preschool yesterday Em and I ran an errand. Walking through the store, I looked over to find her looking at me with the biggest grin. I asked why she was so happy, and she said, "I'm just so happy to be here with my mommy." And then I died, came back as a ghost and was exorcised from all the cuteness.
5. I've been a proud Maroon 5 fan for 10 years now, so I felt like I had to turn in my fan card yesterday for not knowing about this cover they did a couple years ago. Adam singing Sinatra?! My rockstar/crooner worlds collide!